UPDATE SOUTH AFRICA
"News told our way"

Case against the man accused of setting Parliament alight postponed.

Article by: Dumisane Dube

The case against 49-year-old Zandile Christmas Mafe who is accused of torching parliament has been postponed to February.

Mafe appeared in the Cape Town Magistrate’s court on Tuesday after he was arrested when a fire broke out at the old and new National Assembly buildings.

The alleged arsonist faces five charges including arson, possession of an explosive device, housebreaking with the intent to steal.

A new charge of terrorism has also been added by the state.

According to his lawyer Luvuyo Godla, Mafe will be pleading not guilty.

Godla previously told journalists that Mafe was being used as a scapegoat “for the failures of the executive and legislature”.

During the court proceedings , a group of homeless people gathered outside the Cape Town Magistrate’s Court in support of Mafe.

According to his supporters Mafe is not guilty but he is being used a scapegoat.

For more updates visit our website and remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

About Post Author

%d bloggers like this: