Article by: Dumisane Dube
The Gauteng government says it will work with the leadership from KwaZulu-Natal to facilitate the return of the remains of AmaZulu Regent Queen Mantfombi Dlamini Zulu.
In a statement, the Gauteng provincial government says Premier David Makhura has appointed MEC for Community Safety Faith Mazibuko and MEC for Health Dr Nomathemba Mokgethi to work alongside law enforcement agencies to return the Regent’s remains to her home safely.
The Queen passed away on Thursday night in Milpark Hospital in Johannesburg at the age of 65.
Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi had made claims that there were allegations that the Queen Mantfombi, had been poisoned.
“When she left she was ill and rumours were that she was poisoned. Other things are too…I’m not going to get into them. Any condition of anyone who she was not a public figure I would say it’s quite wrong to ask me because any illness of any person is actually the prerogative of that person.” Said Prince Buthelezi.
Details of her funeral are yet to be announced.
For more updates visit our website and remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.