UPDATE SOUTH AFRICA
Stories Told Our Way...Authentic...South African

I was scammed by my own – Tokyo Sexwale.

Article by: Dumisane Dube

ANC veteran Tokyo Sexwale briefed the media on Thursday afternoon regarding the Heritage Fund.

This comes after his claims that billions of rand had been stolen from the Heritage Fund.

The money that was allegedly stolen from the Heritage Fund was meant to provide free education and development in the country.

Sexwale said he was scammed by his own comrades.

He told the media that his compatriots left him “high and dry”, including South African Reserve Bank Governor Lesetja Kganyago, Finance Minister Tito Mboweni and President Cyril Ramaphosa.

“I’ve been scammed by my own, is it not concerning that the governor has not said a thing, things were happening under his watch. I don’t know how much he knows” said Sexwale.

Amid the briefing, he was asked to provide proof of the money from the Heritage Fund, but he asked journalists to investigate where the money is.  

He also said that the people on the internet must not crucify him without knowing what happened.

Finance minister Tito Mboweni had previously rejected sexwale’s claims. Mboweni said that Sexwale may have been a victim of a scam.

The Reserve Bank also said it had no record of the money.

However, Sexwale says the reserve bank governor was shown some documents that prove that the money has disappeared.  

“Who is scamming who here?” asked Sexwale.

“Malfeasance, criminality and shenanigans were happening inside the bank, that’s what the documents are saying, they had names of individuals, how money has been moved from this account and where it went into the commercial banks,” he said.

For more updates visit our website and remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: