Article by: Dumisane Dube
The commission of inquiry into state capture issued a statement that former president Jacob Zuma is expected to appear as scheduled to give his testimony on Monday 15 February.
“The Commission has set aside the week of 15-19 February 2021 for the hearing of the evidence of the former President Jacob Zuma and the Chairperson, evidence leaders and all relevant Commission personnel will be at the hearing venue on Monday, 15 February 2021 at 10:00”, reads the statement.
Former president had made announcements that he will not be attending the commission of enquiry, claiming that he is unfairly treated.
Former president Zuma had previously received summons from the commission to appear before it for the entire week to answer allegations made against him by more than 30 witnesses.
Mkhonto we Sizwe Military Veterans president, Kebby Maphatsoe, also said they stand with Zuma and he will not testify on the scheduled date.
“I want to confirm that he is not going there tomorrow and the arrest is not going to just happen immediately,” said Maphatsoe.
The African National Congress, ANC in KwaZulu-Natal made an appeal to the party’s national executive committee (NEC) to help it make the former president understand the implications of his refusal.
For more updates visit our website and remember follow us on Facebook and Twitter.