ACCOUNTABILITY AT THE HEART OF TRUST
Article by Natalie Müller
Pressure is mounting on South Africa, as it has on Sunday 29 March 2020 confirmed its second death at the hands of Coronavirus.
Minister of Health Zweli Mkhize through The Department of Health released that the gentleman aged 74 years, had travelled to the Kruger National Park with his family when started experiencing mild flu-like symptoms upon their return.
The gentleman who died due to the covid-19 outbreak has been said to have an underlying skin cancer which had already complicated. The man who has succumbed to the deadly impacts of the coronavirus is one of two confirmed death cases in South Africa.
“It has been reported to us that the deceased patient had an underlying skin cancer condition (melanoma), which had already complicated. He presented with the following symptoms: respiratory distress, shortness of breath, cardiac failure, decreased saturation and his temperature was above 38 degrees,” Mkhize said.
Read: The Official Number of Confirmed Covid-19 cases in SA
The confirmed number of people who have now tested positive in South Africa stands at 1280. Nearly 34 000 people have died from Coronavirus and nearly 723 000 have tested positive worldwide.
With the pandemic growing at a rapid rate, we are encouraging members of society to take a stand and curb the fight against Coronavirus by playing their part by staying at home, to avoid a possible increase in the infection rate. Social distancing is advised to avoid contact with infected persons.
The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in South Africa is 1280, which constitutes as an increase of 93 from the previously reported cases yesterday.
Covid-19 Provincial Stats: Gauteng leads with 584, Western Cape second with 310 and KwaZulu-Natal sitting at 167confirmed coronavirus infected cases with 31 recoveries and 2 confirmed deaths.
#Coronavirus, #covid19, #lockdownSA, #lockdown, #UpdateSA